Risolve LLC Terms and Conditions
By placing an order with us, you agree to accept the following terms and conditions.
Risograph Printing is a digital duplicator process that has unique characteristics and always contains slight imperfections. These include:
- Risograph ink is made from a combination of environmentally friendly soy and rice bran oil, water and pigment, the prints are reminiscent of newspaper ink and it is possible to smudge the ink.
- Large flat areas of solid ink coverage are likely to show some slight variations, which can include pinholes and flooding.
- We can assist you in choosing the right ink and tone for your project to get the best gradient and finished effect.
- Riso is like screen printing in that each ink color is layered on separately. A single piece of paper will run through our machines several times for multi-color projects and the overlap of colors can be irregular.
- When a paper is fed through the machine multiple times and it is heavily inked, the paper feeder rollers may leave tire marks on the pages face or end sheets.
- We try to avoid this issue by having the heaviest inked color printed last.
- Quotes are good for 30 days and act as estimates that may change depending on final artwork and scope of project.
- To start a job we require payment in full, unless prior arrangements have been made. We accept Credit, Debit, PayPal, ACH and Checks.
Our production schedule can vary greatly depending on the volume of work at the time. We generally require 10 business days to complete art prints, flyers, cards, brochures, and posters. Items requiring binding or complex finishing services generally require 15-20 business days. Production time starts after we receive print-ready files and payment in full. Shipping is not included in production time.
Client Deadlines and Rush Orders:
If you have a deadline, please tell us at the time of the order. If the deadline is less than the 10 business days, it is considered a Rush order. Generally, we can accept a Rush order, but may charge a rush fee depending on a number of factors, including need for specialty order papers, current production loads and overtime, holidays and expedited shipping costs. Please call or email us so we can discuss your options with a specific deadline. We will ship using the appropriate service to meet your deadline, but we are not responsible for any delays once the shipment is in the hands of the carrier.
We pack with great care to avoid any damage. If you do get a package that is damaged, it will be your responsibility to file a claim with the carrier and we will assist with any documentation you need for the claim. We cannot be held responsible for the cost of replacing the damaged prints. We will ship using the appropriate carrier service to meet your deadline, but we are not responsible for any delays once the shipment is in the hands of the carrier. We will not refund any printing costs on jobs that are delayed in shipping.
Invoice: Before production, we will send you an invoice that contains what we believe to be the final choices and details for your project. Please review the invoice carefully before paying! It will contain the specific details for your job. By paying the invoice you are agreeing that the details listed for your print job are correct. Any earlier email or prior communication that contradicts the invoice is no longer valid.
Upon request, we will email you a free digital soft proof. Please look at the proof carefully! Soft proofs are good representations but not exact reproductions of colors. If you want a true color match sample, we recommend a hard proof be purchased. By approving the digital soft proof and paying the invoice, you have accepted full responsibility for the order and agree that the information and images provided to you are what you want. Once approved by you, any changes or reprints thereafter will be at your expense.
Because Riso requires a master to be made for each color and design printed, running a single copy for a proof is expensive. If you would like a hard copy proof of a single sheet or of an entire book, we will provide you a quote for this service.
We have instructions for setting up files for print on our website. We will also provide 30 minutes of free set-up to prepare client files for print. If the client files require more than 30 minutes, an invoice for file set-up services will be sent and payment of it required before production will begin. Payment will be required in prior to production or if the client prefers, any project amount paid will be refunded to client and our services terminated. We will not be responsible for any deadline or timeline delays due to client errors in file setup.
We reserve the right to display the client’s printed work for our website, portfolio, and/or social media unless the client requests us not to.
We cannot be responsible for:
- Spelling, punctuation, or grammatical errors made by client.
- Inferior quality or low-resolution of uploaded images.
- Design errors or color selection errors introduced in the artwork file creation process submitted by client.
- Errors in client-selected options such product type, size, finishing options, or quantity.
- Incorrect dimensions, image orientation, or file submission provided by client.
- Color match cannot be guaranteed without a hard copy proof approval.
- Delivery delays due to improperly prepared files, delays in client submitting files for print, failure of client to timely respond to questions or emails, or changes by the - client to the scope of the work.
- Duplicate orders by the client.
Once production has started on your project, no refunds will be given. If it is prior to production start but materials have been ordered for your production, all material costs including shipping/delivery charges are non-refundable.